Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Washington Trails Association Website

Last week, over the course of a couple days, Washington native, Maxine, hiked two of the North Cascades most popular hikes, Sauk Mountain and Cascade Pass.

At the summit of Cascade Pass Maxine continued on up the Sahale Arm trail to find that the view was among the best ever.

During the course of describing her latest hikes Maxine asked if I'd seen the Washington Trails Association website.

I had not. So I checked it out.

I am much impressed with this website. It pretty much comprehensively covers all the hiking trails in all the mountain areas of the state of Washington in all 31 Wilderness Areas.

Daily, multiple hikers add detailed trail reports, with pictures. Some days there are dozens of reports from various Washington mountain trails.

Like I said, impressive.

No comments: